11 Things That COVID -19 Will Change For Future Of Work
They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. The world is definitely going to change its age-old ways post COVID. Here’s what is going to happen:
- Working from home will become an accepted norm as organisations develop an ability to measure and appreciate increased productivity at lower costs.
- With this new-found acceptance of working from home, there will be a rise of women participation in our workforce.
- Companies will have to innovate around virtual engagement and impact on employee morale due to lack of social interaction. Not everyone will realize these benefits equally or as quickly.
- There will be new rules for leading teams remotely: seamless digital platforms that track quantified outcomes, multi-channel team communications, and add more effort to ensure transparency.
- Companies will realize that employee success and engagement is equally, if not more important than customer success.
- There will be an increased reliance on use of gamification, emerging technologies such as AI and Virtual Reality for skilling of employees. Many conferences/seminars will take place virtually.
- Companies will be able to capitalize more on specialized & unique skill sets. We will witness a rise in people upping the efforts to upskill themselves and then provide skill based support in an uberized manner.
- Freelancer engagements in the higher skill segments like technology, marketing and strategy will increase as companies will scale down permanent hiring.
- Jio was the first catalyst for the growth of e-commerce, and COVID will be the second. People will have a newer appreciation for staying indoors and ordering online for all categories.
- As delivery businesses will boom, more distributed blue-collar gig workers will be hired. Companies and the government will have no choice but to formalize and offer benefits to such workers as they become increasingly critical.
- Our healthcare systems will become more agile, with the adoption of telemedicine and self-testing kits proliferating.
We will all come out stronger … this forced shift to new age of work will change us forever, for good!